6 Amazing areola reduction essentials you should know
Sagging as you age and breast feeding are the foremost causes of abnormal areolas that make you need an areola reduction surgery.
A diameter size of 4½ cm is considered normal for areolas – the pink or brown area surrounding your nipples. Abnormal areolas are also hereditary and can also be caused by hormonal changes as you attain puberty. If any of these factors cause you any dissatisfaction with the shape or size of your areolas, an areola reduction surgery procedure is what will help you out. The procedure is performed for both men and women. It is simple, effective and fast.
Contemplating an Areola Reduction Surgery?
A decreased areola size is the major benefit of an areola reduction surgery. The scarring on your breast also becomes limited to the intersection between the normal and brown skin that surround your nipples. General or local anesthetic can be used for the procedure. Contracting breast skin, raising your nipple a bit higher and a quick recovery period are all advantages of the procedure. You can opt for an areola reduction surgery as your breast augmentation technique or combine it with others like a breast lift for more pronounced results. You should be contemplating an areola reduction surgery if any of the following traits is present;
Extended or Expanded Areolas
- The normal areola diameter varies from one person to the other depending on how your underlying bust looks. It needs to be proportionate to your body frame.
- For a woman of average height, medical studies have cited around 4½cm as the normal areola diameter.
- Many people’s areola is wider than this. If you are one of them, you might then need an areola reduction procedure to lower the diameter to the average.
Elevated or Rounded Areolas
- When the forward movement of breast tissue pushes the areola forward, it can become rounded or elevated.
- The situation then becomes related to tubular and/or tuberous breast irregularities.
A reduction of areola size and the fundamental breast tissue is normally required to treat the condition.
Areola Surface Abnormalities
- Some people have tiny nodules appearing as small glands on the surface of their areolas or a disparity in areola color.
- Further surgery procedures can be employed to effectively decrease these tiny glands.
Areolas That Are Not Circular
- Although being circular is the normal shape for areolas, some people’s own have been known to be somewhat oval.
- The procedure is employed to decrease the diameter of such areolas and shape them into a perfect circle.
If your areolas have one or more of the traits mentioned, the situation can cause you concerns. If this is so then you need to consult a professional cosmetic plastic surgeon. The expert will then discuss your eligibility for the procedure, options available to you and possible outcomes you should expect.
Impact of Areola Reduction Surgery on a Patient’s Life
Abnormally shaped or sized areolas impact your self esteem extensively. This is even more pronounced in the bedroom. A realization that your nipples’ surrounding area is abnormally large can lead to feelings of a lowered confidence level, shame (especially when undressing before a man), intimacy issues and an eroded sense of worth. You keep having emotional security issues every time. Your areola size challenges keep affecting your emotions and relationship with members of the opposite sex. You feel veryinsecure every time you need to take off your top.
Once you know you have an abnormal areola, go for this procedure to become your confident self again. Undergoing the simple, quick areola reduction surgery procedure enhances your self confidence greatly. This is because your areolas are returned to a size that is most proportionate to your breasts.