Chin implants for better facial features
If you perceive an imbalance in the lower third of your face then you may require a chin implants. You can easily determine chin deficiency and you can do that by looking at the side of the patient. Such deficiencies are easily corrected through silicone implant. Apart from that specialized and customized implants can be adopted to fit into the patient’s jaw line. This type of implant is regarded as a low risk implant. It is going to enhance the person’s appearance because it brings about harmony in the face. If you want, you can remove and reverse it.
The procedure can be done through a local anaesthesia, as well as with twilight anaesthesia. To do that, you have to make a small incision below the chin which can be done in a natural crease. After the procedure is completed, the patient is usually given antibiotics that can last them for one week to prevent infection. After a week of the procedure, the sutures are often removed. This procedure is also maintenance free.
This implant can be done as a single procedure or in conjunction with cheek augmentation, rhinoplasty, as well as with facelift to optimize the result that comes out of it.
Traditionally, this procedure involves making jaw cuts. That is a procedure known as mentoplasty and resetting of the jaw position. This would require more surgical morbidity and because the jaw could be realigned in the process which could prolong the healing time. There could be other effects like nerve injury, cross bite and so on.
To avoid mentoplasty and sliding genioplasty, chin implants was introduced. It is safer and it would achieve a better result in terms of restoring the original beauty of the face. The benefits can be more noticeable in men because it brings out the beauty in the face after the procedure.
Chin implants or chin augmentation is a popular procedure. If you have an artificial chin, then this procedure is good for you. If for any reason that you want to undergo rhinoplasty, then chin implants can be done along with that.
What do you expect from this procedure?
After the procedure, many people have reported permanent solution to their problems, especially in terms of the facial structure improvement. This means that you can get a permanent effective result through the procedure.
The recovery processes
After the procedure, you can suffer discomfort for at least one to two days. It is possible that you can return to your usual activities after two days. If you suffer from swelling and bruising, then you have to apply cold compressor to reduce the pains after the procedure. Moreover, you should take soft diet for the first ten days until such a time the healing processes are completed. You can resume your normal activities within one week.
Who is suitable for chin implants?
- Everybody seeking this type of procedure must be of a good health and should be optimistic of getting the desired result through the procedure.
- Moreover, patients should be at least 18 years before seeking that type of procedure.
- You can be healed faster if you give up your smoking habit.
- This operation is purely for cosmetic purpose and not medical or for health reasons, and it is done to enhance the patient’s self esteem.
You can be a good candidate for this procedure if you are any of the following:
- If you are suffering a receding and weak chin
- You have prominent nose, which you do not want to remove through rhinoplasty.
- If you are dissatisfied with your thin structure, you can go for the procedure.
What are the benefits?
- When it is properly done, it is going to enhance your facial feature
- It helps to improve both receding and weak jaw
- It could enhance your neck line and improves your self esteem as well.